Is she unspeakably adorable or what? Shout out to Caspar Babypants responsible not only for this song but for the beloved “Monkey River” mentioned in the previous post. Check him out, the music is quite fab.
She’s a genious, right?
Btw, we got a video camera for Christmas!! So expect more video whenever we get the freetime to upload and then blog.
Okay, let’s start with that. Again, a video. We’ve been having some fun with Tony’s new[ish] MacBook and hope you have too.
Yes, life as we know it is over. For the moment we just moved the changing table over and hope that buys us a little more time. Yes again, Ali is wearing a vest over her pjs. It’s cold here! Some randomness
- Portland is getting another storm tomorrow. Of the snow and ice variety. Last I heard we are not which makes me both happy and sad.
- Tony’s birthday is Monday! But we might be celebrating earlier. We are going to go to my parents’ on Tuesday and are planning to do our own Christmas beforehand. One reason being that one or two of Ali’s presents are too big to travel. It’s exciting that we get to get our festivities underway ahead of schedule!
- Come Tuesday we will be gone for a long time. Like two weeks or more. Always a bit stressful. To say the least.
- I am getting/am/am getting over being sick. Not sure which it is and it’s mostly just a sore throat and lethargy. I’ve napped three of the past four afternoons even though I’ve been getting an acceptable amount of sleep at night. I just crash. Hopefully it’s me fighting something off, meaning I’ve gotten as much as I’m gonna get.
- We are looking at two more venues during out days in Portland next week. Will this search never end?!?
- We did get some snow around here, enough for Ali to get out and experience it some. She liked it a lot and was not happy today when we wouldn’t let her out of the stroller. Today everything was mostly ice and she just can’t maneuver with that.
Outside our house.
Downtown, along Highway 101.
Stoked that we were going to the park.
Snow on the beach!
- I have barely blogged about this, so I’m glad Tony and Ali are now vlogging (video-blogging for anyone unfamiliar). What a vocabulary this girl is developing! Not only is she a little parrot that can repeat just about anything, but I can’t even go through all the words she says on a daily basis. She’s even gettig to the point where she can kind of tell a little story. And coupling words together! Like "Hi Daddy, and "Bye tree." Also very into singing, her favorites are Rockabye Baby, in which she likes to substitute baby for daddy, elmo, Ali, Alyssa, etc. and Old MacDonald had a farm with she calls I-oh-ee or something along those lines.
- Yeah, this is random. I’m kind of lost but glad to have gotten a blog out. Again, watch the video, this kid is crazy.
In one of the outtakes from the Santa video, there was a little part where Ali briefly, um, hid in her shirt — for lack of a better term. Well as we were watching some of her videos today (her new favorite activity), she cracked up at herself hiding. Then again. And again. And again. So we got it on camera.
Pay particular attention to one of her new words, "again", and the cameo from Ashley towards the end.
Talking about our visit with Santa last night. Ali still gets a little shy in front of the camera but I think she’s slowly warming up to it. Mostly she just loves to watch herself on the screen. I’m going to try to do more of these since she’s so talkative and smart and funny.
Here’s Ali’s first music video. For a few months now she’s been able to get up on the chair, turn on the keyboard, start the beat, and pound along, but in the past few days she’s added lyrics. Her two favorite songs to play are "Mommy" and "Elmo". Today it was the latter.
Pay particular attention to the a cappella intro and the outro which includes a snippet from her other hit, "Mommy".
Our new phones don’t do video (sad!) and Tony just mailed his old phone off to someone who purchased it on ebay. So, savor this one. Though it’s a bit old. To see the pics that I’m taking in the clip go here.