The first night of Halloween.

Posted October 27th, 2007 at 1:56 pm by Ashley

3 months, 24 days, 7 hours, 7 minutes old

n690961550 398249 7318 The first night of Halloween.

n690961550 398250 7564 The first night of Halloween.

n690961550 398246 6640 The first night of Halloween.

Last night we went to the Fall Festival at the Bay City United Methodist Church. It was a very small gathering but we had a good time. Ali "fished" and "caught" a little red pegasus, Tony and I had some snacks and talks with a couple locals. Shout out to Trista, who made Ali’s costume for my birthday. Ali’s a cow in honor of Tillamook County and all her family in Iowa. Speaking out Iowa, congrats to the Hawkeyes today! They pulled off an amazing win in double overtime against Michigan State. Meanwhile, Oregon is working on kicking some USC butt.

We’re hoping to use all the festivites this week to meet some people, score some sugar, and show off our little Dot*. Tonight we are going to a party at the Rockaway Community Center, a party for children under 10. Then, on Halloween we are going to a carnival at the Rockaway Community Church. Ali is out to charm this whole town. and, let me tell you, she is well on her way. At the bank, at the coffee shop, at the market, on the street…everyone here stops to admire this girl!

* Some new nicknames: Buns, Buns-buns, Als, Ali-Al, Ali-Al-Al, Beaut (short for Beautfiul), Dot-dot-dot (which always prompts me to then say Ellipsis but I always say eclipse on accident).

6 Responses to: “The first night of Halloween.”

1. Anthony responds:
    Posted: October 27th, 2007 at 5:14 pm

It should also be noted that there is an ongoing debate raging over whether the costume is intended to be a dog or a cow. The seamstress and myself have agreed on cow, but others seem to think dog. Please disregard the bell (added by us to cowify it) when weighing in on the topic.

2. Billie Swalla responds:
    Posted: October 27th, 2007 at 7:48 pm

Hi Guys,
    I was wondering what the large bling-bling was, but a cow bell makes perfect sense. It’s a really lovely costume for the most beautiful girl ever. Next year you won’t believe that it fit her. Trista, what talent!
    I can’t wait to visit and hit the cheese factory with Ali dressed in her moo-moo. What fun!
    I’m glad to hear that you are meeting everyone in town, with the world’s most precious topic of conversation in hand, how could you go wrong?
    love you,
    HAPPPY HALLOWEEEN!
    Grandmere

3. Steve responds:
    Posted: October 27th, 2007 at 9:56 pm

I thought it was a cow, Kathy and Alyssa thought it was a dog. They say the floppy ears is the clue, I still think you should add udders then there won’t be a question.

Steve

4. Anthony responds:
    Posted: October 28th, 2007 at 7:56 pm

In the first picture, the ears hang perfectly to the side like cow ears. Dog ears (well dalmatian ears, at least) hang down past the head. Its gotta be a cow. Also, the pattern may be a dog but the fabric is undoubtedly cow.

5. Cynthia responds:
    Posted: October 29th, 2007 at 12:21 am

I have to admit, I thought it was a dog. Because of the collar, no less. I know, I was supposed to ignore it. I can’t believe Trista made that! I made Shayla’s skunk costumes (haha, they’re both in black and white costumes this year, weird), but it was sewed by hand, so yeah…not as great. :) She is so big and I want to hold her!

6. Karlin responds:
    Posted: October 29th, 2007 at 12:31 am

Umm, I immediately knew it was a cow because of the way the spots are shaped. And I thought the bell was like a medal or something, like… first prize heifer. I don’t know. Anyway, no matter what animal, she is CUTE! So so cute.

Also– GO DUCKS! We’re 4th in AP.

And lastly, 50 creativity points to Tony for somehow managing to nickname his daughter after punctuation. I vote that you always call her ellipsis!