“Dot”

Posted September 26th, 2007 at 7:53 am by Ashley

2 months, 23 days, 1 hour, 4 minutes old

Ali is such a daddy’s girl. In the last few weeks she has somehow become referred to as "Daughter," which has now been shortened to "Dot." Mostly by Tony, who’s known to nickname everything. Ali alone has more than I can remember, including: Tiny, Tiny Buns, Tiny Pants, Al, Sweet Girl, Alizabetta, etc. Here are a few moments between them the other day.

n690961550 326555 4061 Dot

n690961550 326558 4823 Dot

n690961550 326561 5571 Dot

6 Responses to: ““Dot””

1. Katy responds:
    Posted: September 26th, 2007 at 8:45 am

I LOVE the unnassosiated nicknames. Esther has log been known as Sister Sue….there aren’t any Sue’s in our life, so we’re not realy sure how that one came about. And lately her brothers have been taking it one step further by calling here Sister Susan. It makes me smile!
    I love Dot as a pet name. Super cute! Love.

2. Cynthia responds:
    Posted: September 26th, 2007 at 11:53 am

Umm, Dot is the cutest nickname ever. Shayla will always be “Boo-Boo” to me, for some reason. I don’t even know how that one got started. And “Tiny,” as well.

3. Katy responds:
    Posted: September 26th, 2007 at 1:36 pm

I forgot to mention the adorable photos!

4. Karlin responds:
    Posted: September 27th, 2007 at 6:18 pm

I’m sure that my kids are going to have the out-of-control nicknames too, as I, like Tony, tend to give EVERYONE nicknames. Charles probably has 600, given by me alone.

And Cynthia, Boo Boo is suuuuch a common term of endearment. I do not know what it is! I think there is something with “B” sounds in general too, as terms of endearment. ALL of our pets have always gone by Boo Boo, I called Charles Boo Boo for a period of time, and I know like 3 other people who call their pets/kids Boo Boo. Also, let us not forget that the common slang for one’s significant other is, of course, “Boo.”

Urban Dictionary entry:
    1. boo
    boo is a term that is derived from the French word “beau” meaning beautiful. In 18th century England it meant an admirer, usually male. It made it’s way into Afro-Caribbean language perhaps through the French colonization of some Caribbean islands.

Now meaning girl or boyfriend
    “this is what I’m saying boo, it’s all about you”

5. Cynthia responds:
    Posted: September 27th, 2007 at 11:43 pm

Lol, ew, I would hate if I called Joel my boo.

6. Ashley responds:
    Posted: September 26th, 2008 at 3:28 pm

Mreheheh, the comments on this post crack me up. And, I’d like to say that, one year later Ali is still regularly referred to as “Dot,” whereas many of her other nicknames have dropped away while others have been picked up.